|eMail CRM Freeware | Product Info | Quick Tour | Art of eMail CRM | eMail Bolts&Nuts | eMail Broadcast FAQ's | Useful Sites Index<<Back|
Shareware to speed-up downloading
1st choice: www.speedbit.com accelerator that can auto detect and download from a few FTP site simultaneously.2nd choice: www.amazesoft.com Flash Get accelerator that can auto detect and download from a few FTP site simultaneously.
3. www.getright.com a recovery and resume download if you were disconnected in the middle of downloading a file. Also available at www.zdnet.com
4. www.gozilla.com automatically continues the download where you were disconnected, without you having to start all over again. Also available at zdnet.com or gizmo.net
Freeware to speed-up your PC, these are easy to use small utilities software that can easily double or triple your Internet throughput.
5. PPP-Boost freeware (for Win 95,98,Me)
6. Modem Booster shareware www.inklineglobal.net
7. Modem Booster shareware www.wyvernworks.com
Freeware to help speed-up your downloading?Prevent server time-out disconnection by you ISP
Guaranteed to solve your problems!
Why can't I get Internet max-speed?
slow Internet throughput?
Setting serial port to the maximum
Medical Resources on the Internet?
Slow Internet--want to know where the hang-up is? Ping your ISP server or website you are visiting to figure out which is slowing you down
When disaster strikes and you didn't back-up? Prepare for disaster with a back-up disaster recovery plan
How to double or triple your Internet throughput? Dial-up modem, Network, Cable, DSL, ISDN, whatever...
Useful freeware and shareware software's, tools, listings, anti-spam, VoIP, games download
CGI: What the
Heck Is That?
prevent online disconnection
8.Rasputin shareware that PING your ISP server and prevent disconnection, available at: www.basta.com
9.Stay Connected shareware prevent dial-up disconnection involuntarily, available at: www.zdnet.com
How to speed up downloading? Slow Internet speed (throughput) could be due to problems with your PCs settings, poor quality modem and bad phone line or even gadget like answering machine connected to your phone.
How to speed up downloading
4. Click on DEVICE MANAGER
6. Click on COMMUNICATIONS PORT (COM 2)
7. Click on PROPERTIES
11. Click and check mark the "Use FIFO Buffers"
12. At Receive Buffer and Transmit Buffer, set it to high
13. Click OK until all the setting windows are closed.
21. Click on the SERVER TYPE tab and
23. at Allowed Network Protocols, uncheck NetBEUI and IPX/SPX compatible
24. Click on the TCP/IP Settings button
uncheck Use IP header compression. -
Click OK, it is all done.
|If you want to know why the settings here can improve your Internet throughput? See UART|
Why are you experiencing slow Internet throughput?
Why are you experiencing
Throughput? The outgoing & incoming datagram between your computer, ISP connection and the Internet network
Slow Internet speed (throughput) could be due to problems with your PCs settings, poor quality modem and bad phone line or even gadget like answering machine connected to your phone.
Other factors for slow Internet speed PCs with minimal 32 Mb RAM + cheap modem + PCs setting not optimal + multitasking while surfing + phone line static + Internet congestion + server congestion + gadgets connected to phone line and having slow UART
Slow Internet speed is not a simple matter of getting from point A to B. It is a measure of volume of bits per seconds or latency.
Latency is the amount of time, in milliseconds that it takes for a given packet of bits (1 byte equal 8 bits) to travel from one computer to another (throughput).
MaxMtu (MTU) Maximum Transmission Unit - is the default packet Windows uses to negotiate when a connection is opened between two computers, they must agree on an MTU by comparing MTU and selecting the smaller of the two.
If it is set too large for routers, it is then fragmented into packet size and can take double the amount of time it takes to send a single packet.
Internet traffic travels in bursts of packet of 4,288 bits or 536 bytes which is governs by by TCP/IP transmission control protocol/internet protocol. Typical 28.8 or 56.6 modem download speed are usually 3 million to 5 million bits per second.
Since your modem connection is able to receive data at that rate, why do you face "slow speed"? Usually, it is due to the network or Internet congestion, slow server of the site that you are visiting or the site is having with lots of visitors.
Therefore, causing you to experience slow speed--which you have no control, except to surf during off-peak hours or visit another less congested site.
DSL, ADSL, ISDN or whatever higher bandwidth premium gadgets may not help. Although they do move bits & bytes faster, "slow speed" are still governs by network congestions which can be checked, PING your ISP servers to determine connection throughput.
Dial-up Networking Monitor
1. Peak hours Internet congestion
2. The website that you are visiting (popular) is congested
3. Your ISP server congestion due to ie: too many clients being connected through their system at the same time
If you want to know the constant change taking place while being on-line, these software will be able to display on your PCs monitor the exact status of your dial-up connection throughput.
1. www.southdown.co.uk/users/jgrieve freeware called Dial-up Networking Monitor (for Win95,98,Me). Simple and easy to use, small utility that monitors your ISP connection throughput speed as well as the website your are visiting.
2. www.vitalsigns.com shareware which can monitor, isolate, diagnose and correct Internet performance problems. Plus let a user identify the source of their network bottlenecks, whether it is the PC's, modem, ISP, Internet backbone or remote website.
3. www.checkit.com shareware Net Optimizer
Free 2Try e-Book
- "I am a
Japanese international business consultant.
I find your International Export Import Guide Manual fantastic and splendid." Tominaga Shintaro, Global Business Management Consultant
Secrets of International Trade
Every thing you wanted to know about International import export